New Read Aloud

I am a little late on reading the wonderful book Wonder by R.J. Palacio.  What an amazing book!  My students and I love reading it everyday.  The book is a great resource for teaching point of view and empathy something we can all use.  We have been using the book to look at persuasive writing.  My students are taking a point of view and writing a letter based on that character's point of view. I have also noticed fellow blogger http://www.wildaboutfifthgrade.blogspot.com/ has some great ideas for using the book as well.

Comments

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Wonder is definitely a great book! I hope your class enjoys it as much as mine have. Have you gotten to the really sad part yet?

    Melissa
    Wild About Fifth Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I read it before reading it aloud. My class hasn't yet though. It is a very powerful book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE Wonder! I just got on the Wonder wagon last weekend, so don't feel bad : ) The kids are itching to start this book! I played the book trailer for them and really have been talking it up. I'm a new follower of your blog, too!

    Young Daze in 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! THe book gives way to many discussions in our classroom.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Notice & Note Continued

Teacher Hack - Avery Labels