New Year....New Blog Goal!

Being a reflective teacher is my goal for this year! I am hoping that transitions into being more consistent with my blog posts. I have had a rocky start, but I am optimistic for the future.

Weekly lesson plans are a great place to start. The lesson plans that I turn in to administration are a little lengthy! I am still working on making them more meaningful to what I need on a daily basis. It is a living document, so I make changes often. I keep my basic structure and the required components, but I have been trying to add for myself.

My morning starts with the amazing Daily Morning Work from Young, Teacher, Love. I purchased it from TpT here: 5th Grade Common Core Daily Morning Work. My students love this resource and I love that is aligned to the Common Core! It is a great filler as my students trickle into the classroom from breakfast.

After everyone is in we start our Read Aloud. I preferred to have my read aloud after lunch, but our lunch time has since moved so I now start our Reading Block with the read aloud. We are currently reading Fish in a Tree. It is AMAZING!



 My Reading block is all morning. It starts with our Focus Lesson. I have been struggling with getting my students to think critically while they reading. For our Focus lessons I will be using a resource from Laura Robb. During small group instruction I will be using a favorite Notice and Note. I made some anchor charts for the Notice and Note reading strategies and you can get them free on TpT. After SSR we will start our shared reading. We will be starting The Watson's Go to Birmingham-1963.

I will continue with the rest of my day tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice & Note Continued

New Read Aloud

Teacher Hack - Avery Labels