Teacher Hack - Avery Labels

I LOVE Avery Address (5160) and Shipping (5164) Labels. I use them for everything! I have already printed my students names for next year on a few sheets. They make the first day back a breeze. I simply peel and stick. I don't like to label everything with their names just in case I have no shows. This saves me from the headache of writing their names over and over. I also get to use some really cute fonts so I don't have to look at my handwriting!

I  use the labels to put my students names on my carpet squares. We are required to have our students line up in Boy/Girl order and it saves me from having line up issues. When I say line up they simply go to their square. I cover the label with shipping tape. I don't have any issues with the tape or label sticking to my carpet and leaving a residue,but you may need to test this on your carpet first. They usually start peeling after a few months, but I need to change the line around the same time so it works! I have put another label with their name on the opposite corner before that ordered  my students by bus. I stopped doing this because I have specials classes at the end of the day and no longer walk my students to the bus because the specials teacher does. Putting names on squares has made us really fast at lining up, especially during a fire drill! I will share pictures of this on my Instagram when I put them down in a few weeks. Give me a follow @ratliffbl.

I also use the labels for my personal classroom library. I put three labels in each of my books. The first label is the This Book Belongs To Mrs. Ratliff, under that one I have a label to record AR test information (Quiz Number, Book Level, and Points), the last label is the genre.

I also use Avery Shipping Labels to label my book bins. I have not figured out a great way to insert pictures or graphics to make them more presentable in Word. I usually just print the background on the label first then print the label with the title.

I have included an Amazon Giveaway with this post! May the odds be ever in your favor!!

Click Here for the Giveaway!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice & Note Continued

New Read Aloud