Curriculum Mapping and Literature Circles

Well it is official I am behind on curriculum mapping and aligning my curriculum to the Common Core State Standards. I am also at a crossroads when it comes to my lesson plans. I found the more detailed ones that I started out putting on our curriculum mapper to be more beneficial to teaching to the standard. However the ones that I turn in weekly to administration is more beneficial to me on a daily basis. I am wondering if I should continue to use two different lesson plans.

I am also getting ready to implement Literature Circles. I have almost finished giving my old forms a much needed face lift. I always start out with my students all getting practice with one role before I start assigning all the roles. Discussion Director is a great place to start. We have been working on Question Answer Relationships and it is time for students to start applying that knowledge and writing their own questions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Notice & Note Continued

New Read Aloud

Teacher Hack - Avery Labels